Search This Blog

background

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Persevering under trial...

I have been reading through Philippians lately due to the fact that 1. paul was a missionary 2. he also raised support and 3. Philippians is an overall encouraging and joyful book... so I think it's just what I need about now. As I walk through this time of support raising... times can be tough. It's been hard to walk alongside my team members as they feel the discouragement of the lack of financial support. Like any team, we have our ups and our downs, but studying Philippians, I am in awe of his character and his attitude about his situation. Paul's in prison and yet he has such joy and excitement about the furthering of the gospel. I gotta be honest... thats not immediately where my heart would go if I were in jail. Paul is a great example of how I can point my team mates and myself towards Jesus in the discouraging times.
Why do we make the phone calls? So we can tell people about the opportunity the Lord has for us to share the gospel with people who have never heard about him!

Why do we send out letters? 
So we can invite people to partner with us in spreading the gospel.
Why do we do what we do? 
Because Jesus died for me and I don't deserve any of what i've been given... and all he asks of me is to share with others in return. 

I must keep Jesus at the center of mind so that I can not only point myself to Jesus when i'm discouraged but I can point my teammates to Him as well! Please pray that we would continue to be reminded of why we do what we do and to trust that He will provide!

Philippians 1: 3-11
"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. 9And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more,with knowledge and all discernment, 10so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."


Thank you for partnership with me in the gospel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment